NuCore® Injectable Nucleus
The NuCore® Injectable Nucleus is designed to provide patients and surgeons with a minimally invasive surgical alternative for treating the early stages of Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) and as an adjunct to microdiscectomy. The NuCore® Injectable Nucleus is an injectable, 100% synthetic recombinant protein hydrogel designed to mimic the natural nucleus and restore the spine’s natural biomechanics.
Attributes of the NuCore® Injectable Nucleus:
Clinical investigations have been designed to demonstrate the potential benefits of the NuCore® Injectable Nucleus, which include pain relief and restoration of the spine’s biomechanics. Patient enrollment in clinical trials for the NuCore® Injectable Nucleus include patients in Switzerland, Germany, Australia and the United States.
- Injectable, in situ curing nuclear replacement
- Designed to restore and maintain natural disc biomechanics
- Mimics the stiffness and water content of the natural nucleus
- Adheres to annulus and nucleus pulposus
- Resistant to extrusion
- Produces no measurable exotherm
The NuCore® Injectable Nucleus is an Investigational Device. Its use is limited to clinical investigation only.