The versatility of the Proficient® Posterior Cervical Spine System gives surgeons the confidence to treat standard degenerative or complex posterior cervical spine cases from a traditional open or muscle sparing approach.
Simplified Rod Placement
The system offers three unique screw designs to ease rod placement: polyaxial tri-lobe screws, translational screws, and extended tab screws. The proprietary polyaxial tri-lobe screw design offers 120° of polyaxial angulation and features a freely-functioning tensioned tulip head. The translational screw offers 80° of angulation and allows for 5 mm of medial to lateral translation. The extended tab screw option helps guide rod placement with 3 mm of reduction.
Designed for Complex Constructs
The comprehensive screw offering includes 3.8 mm, 4.2 mm, 4.6 mm, and 5.5 mm screw diameters that accept 3.5 mm or 4.0 mm rod sizes, to simplify longer complex constructs. The implant offering also includes smooth shank screws, low profile cross connectors, titanium and cobalt chrome rod options, and various configurations of offset, parallel, and axial connectors.
Muscle Sparing Approach
The extended tab screw design, complimented by streamlined instrumentation, is designed to ease rod placement through a smaller incision than the standard open approach.
Attributes of Proficient® Posterior Cervical Spine System
• Proprietary tri-lobe screw design allows for 120° of polyaxial angulation
• Freely-functioning, tensioned tulip head is designed to accept 3.5 or 4.0 mm rod diameters
• Comprehensive screw offering includes a 5.5 mm dual lead diameter screw to accelerate insertion
• Extended tab screw offering provides 3 mm of reduction
• Translational screw offering allows for 5 mm of medial to lateral translation
• Various configurations of cross connectors, offset connectors, parallel connectors, and axial connectors